Connecting Team Home
current JCPC disciples and cultivating new ones
The Connecting Team works to ensure that JCPC
is providing opportunities for current members to connect with each
other and become actively engaged in JCPC programs, services, and
events. The Team will also identify and nurture new members
who can benefit from, and contribute to, the overall mission of our
church. The responsibilities associated with these goals
include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing member needs and interests through surveys, phone
calls, and face-to-face conversations.
- Matching the talents and interests of members to our programs,
services, and discipleship groups.
- Bringing members and friends together through fellowship
activities and events.
- Keeping members informed through e-newsletters, mailings,
signage, special programs, and the JCPC website.
- Actively recruiting new members through media placements,
online content development, membership information sessions, and
- Conducting new member orientation sessions and providing new
member mentoring services.
- Welcoming all those who participate in Sunday worship services
and educational programs.
- Maintaining accurate membership rolls and monitoring membership
demographics and trends.
The Connecting Team also provides Greeters for each worship
service. Greeting is a great way for you to extend a warm
welcome for all those coming to JCPC and simply meet members of our
congregation. You will only be scheduled to greet at one
worship service every six weeks.
If you are interested in joining the Greeters
group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications Sub-Team is charged with
providing a comprehensive plan for consistent and effective
communications within the JCPC congregation and with the community
at large. In carrying out the communications plan, materials
will be consistently designed and utilized. All forms of
communication will be studied to determine if methods can be
consolidated and redundancy reduced. In addition, resources
will be applied to photography during the life of our church and
for reporting JCPC events to the appropriate media outlets.