Have you enjoyed a recent celebration with family or friends? A birthday? A wedding? A new opportunity?
You might think of the Scriptures as one huge invitation to a celebration with God. I would invite you to take some time today to find a good reason to join the celebration.
In Paul's letter to the Romans he reminds us that, "Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ." (Romans 10:17)
We have the opportunity to grow in our faith through our encounters with God's Word in scripture. Listen for God's Word to you in the midst of your current circumstances and challenges of this week.
It takes at least two to celebrate, but you know, the more the merrier! God has made all the preparations and now awaits your response. Why not join all the many others who have also joined the party? It's the best celebration ever!
A class or small group can be a great way to connect with a community and celebrate with God together. This Sunday, join us for the following classes or groups at 10 a.m.
- Children's Class in the Calvin Room for 3's-5th Grade. They'll gather for large group activities and Bible story then split up into age based small groups for activities and crafts.
- Youth Class in the Youth Garage for 6th-12th grade using a video Bible study as a springboard for discussion.
- Pastors' Class in the Dining Room. They will focus this fall on Peering Into the Sunset: End of Life Challenges for Today. The group will look at the various challenges we all, and those we care for, face at the end of life. Guest presenters will provide helpful legal, health and other insights.
- Practical Christianity Class in Room 111. They will study Simon Peter with a DVD study from Adam Hamilton with a group of rotating facilitators.
- Parenting Small Group in Room 110. They will use Parenting through the Phases DVD study focused on helping guide you through the responsibility and challenges of shaping your child's faith and character in each phase of their life. A group of seasoned parents will rotate as facilitators to journey with parents of all ages.