shopify site analytics
Skip to main content
#
JCPC
 
The JCPC Story
The JCPC Story
Celebrating 25 years of faith and service!

In January of 1995, the Presbyterian Church U.S.A., via the Presbytery of Greater Atlanta, chartered "The Church of the Hills" on 12.5 acres of property in North Fulton County. Rev. Dr. Lawrence Wood was called as the founding pastor of the church and one hundred charter members were placed on the rolls. The first worship services and Sunday School classes were held in the house that occupied the property.

In 2009, The Church of the Hills changed its name to Johns Creek Presbyterian Church to firmly establish itself as part of the new city of Johns Creek, Georgia. However, the church remained true to its founding as a "missional" church, giving time, talent and treasure in support of more than 30 agencies that address spiritual, emotional, and physical needs in our community, across our region and around the world.

In 2010, Rev. Dr. C. Gray Norsworthy succeeded Dr. Wood as senior pastor of the growing church and initiated a long-range planning process designed to enhance the human impact of all JCPC ministry and missional programs.

Three major building projects have been completed since the church was chartered to support our work. The first project resulted in the current chapel building, which includes a 300-seat sanctuary, our Youth Garage, and a welcome center. The second project added a two-story education facility that houses the Johns Creek Presbyterian Preschool and provides space for Sunday School classes, small group meetings, and the JCPC Academy of Fine Arts. In 2015, a successful Bridge to the Future campaign allowed JCPC to construct a multi-purpose building to support our continued growth. Presently, our church serves more than 2,300 children and adults each week through JCPC programs and community partnerships.

The 700+ members of JCPC continue to advance the church's motto, non nobis solum (not for us alone), through a range of active ministry teams and a growing number of missional initiatives. JCPC serves as the Southeast headquarters and training center for the national CanCare program and also partners with the Will To Live Foundation to offer ongoing education and support to teens who are struggling with a range of personal, emotional and social issues.

Activities & Events
Online Giving
Reflections
Request Info
10950 Bell Rd, Johns Creek, GA 30097 get directions
Church: 770-813-9009  |  Fax: 678-807-1923  |  Email: welcome@jcpcusa.org
Preschool: 770-476-1166  |  Email: preschool@jcpcusa.org
  

 

 

Website by Tagline Web Design